Its the classic Yo Yo Biscuit! A simple delicious treat for that cookie jar when your looking for something different :) Make them as tiny bites or as a bigger indulgent, either way these biscuits are a super quick option to make.
Ingredients: Makes 12-15 small made up (24 - 30 pieces)
- 200g Of Butter
- 1/3 x Cup Of Icing Sugar
- 1/2 x Teaspoon Of Vanilla Essence
- 1/2 x Cup Of Custard Powder
- 1 & 1/2 Cups Of Self Raising Flour
1. Pre heat your oven to 180c.
2. Cream your butter, sugar & vanilla essence with an electric mixer on medium/high speed for 2-5 minutes.
3. Add in 1 cup of self raising flour and custard powder mixing together with a wooden spoon, then add in the last 1/2 cup mixing until you form a dough.
4. Grease or line a baking tray. Roll your dough into small even sized balls. Then place on the tray and gently flatten with a fork.
5. Place into your preheated oven on the middle shelf and bake for 8 - 10 minutes. These biscuits do not take long to cook. Do not let them gain too much colour or you will have overcooked.
6. Let them cool down. Join together via their flat sides with icing. You can use your basic icing or do up a butter cream.
Tip – Double or triple the recipe to make extra dough to freeze. The best freezing option for this recipe is to make each dough ball, gently flatten with a fork, blind freeze and then store in a airtight container or zip lock bag. When you would like to use, place straight onto a tray and bake for a little longer than you normally would if defrosted.