Who loves pasta? Who loves zucchini? If you said "me", then you will love zoodles. Most people think they can't make zoodles without a vegetable spiralizer, BUT you can! Its so simple you will kick yourself for not thinking of this earlier. Not only is this zoodle recipe tasty, but they are a healthier option than your regular pasta and a great source of vitamin C.
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 1 x Firm Medium Zucchini
- Shredded Parmesan Cheese
- 1 x Tablespoon Of Olive Oil
- Salt & Pepper
- Favorite Pasta Sauce
1. Preheat a stovetop pan.
2. Wash your zucchini and dry off. Be sure to keep your skin on otherwise there will be too much moisture when you make your zoodles. Cut off each end and start slicing long ways at approx 5mm thickness. And then cut into noodle like strips.
3. In your pan heat some olive oil on a medium heat. Put in your zoodles and use a egg flipper to toss, ensuring oil is coating all. At the same time heat some of your pasta sauce in a separate pot on a low simmer.
4. Cook your zoodles for approx 5 minutes flipping gently. Be careful not to overcook or they will start to fall apart. Once cooked, remove from the pan and plate.
5. Season the zoodles with salt and pepper. Top with your heated pasta sauce and cheese.
Tip: Add extra vegetables into your pasta sauce such as mushroom, onion, capsicum and carrot to make extra tasty!