With spring weather coming in salads have been on my mind. This Apple Mustard Warm Chicken Salad is perfect for the nicer weather, easy to put together and again great for freezing the warmer portion for later!
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 500g Diced Chicken
- 6 x Tablespoons Of Apple Sauce
- 6 x Tablespoons Of Honey
- 4 x Teaspoons Of White Vinegar
- 2 x Teaspoons Of Wholegrain Mustard
- 1 x Large Potatoes
- 100g Of Greek Feta
- Diced Parsley
- Your choice of garden salad (I use lettuce, capsicum, cucumber, tomato, mushroom, carrot)
1. Peel and dice your potatoes. Roast in the oven as you usually do.
2. In a pan cook your chicken in 1-2cm of water (this is healthier than oil) until cooked through.
3. Whilst your chicken and potatoes are cooking prepare all your salad items and feta putting them aside.
4. In a bowl gently mix together the wholegrain mustard, vinegar and honey. Once mixed add in your apple sauce and combine.
5. Drain any excess water from your chicken pan. Add your roast potatoes and pour your apple mustard sauce over top. Whilst on a low heat gently toss all together for 3-5 minutes until all combined and heated.
6. To dish add your garden salad on each plate you are serving up and top with your chicken and potatoes. Sprinkle with feta and parsley over top. Serve straight away!
Tip – If you have any chicken and potatoes left over put into a sealed container and freeze for another time.