Have you ever made the Lamb Chops With Red Wine Sauce on the VIP Lounge? If you have then you will enjoy this Chicken version too! I love to serve this over roasted flat potatoes. The crunch just gives that extra bit of taste!
- 500g x Minced Beef
- 250g x Minced Lamb
- 1 x Small Onion
- 2 x Tablespoons Of Bread Crumbs
- 1 1/2 x Tablespoons Of Vegeta
- 3/4 x Teaspoons Of Bi Carb Soda
- 1 x Teaspoon Of Parsley
- 1/2 Tablespoon Of Minced Garlic
- Pinch Of Salt & Pepper
1, Pre heat oven on 220c.
2. Cut chicken into good sized chunks. Prepare your vegetables. Peel your carrots and cut into sticks. Dice your onion & celery. Place all in a bowl and set aside.
3. Peel your potatoes and cut into approx 1 - 2cm thickness slices. Put into a large bowl, cover with oil stirring through and then sprinkle Vegeta through to season. Line a baking tray with baking paper. Lay potato on tray. Put in the oven and cook on a high heat 220c +.
4. In a large pan cook your chicken in approx 1 cm of water on a medium heat. Once all sides are cooked turn off heat and drain any excess water. Keep in the pan for the next steps.
5. In another bowl mix together your red wine, crushed tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley and salt/pepper. Pour over your vegetables and combine with a wooden spoon.
6. Pour your vegetables and red wine sauce over your chicken and gently flip with a spatula to coat well.
7. Place on a high for 10 minutes cooking with a lid on. Then reduce to a low heat with lid off for 30 minutes flipping with a spatula every 10 minutes to ensure nothing sticks. Lastly place the lid on again and reduce to a simmer for 10 minutes.
8. Chicken dish is cooked when your carrots are soft and your sauce has thickened. Potatoes are cooked when they are golden brown as would be a roast potato.
Serve chicken over your potatoes.