Who likes cookies? Who likes chocolate? If you said 'ME' to both then this Rainbow Choc-Chip Cookie recipe is the recipe for you! It's super simple & super cheap to make once you have the ingredients in the house. A easy go to when you need something quick for those surprise play dates! So give this a try this weekend with the kids for some chocolate rainbow fun!
Ingredients: Makes 12-15
- 125g Of Butter
- 1/4 Cup Of Sugar
- 1 x Tablespoon Spoon Of Honey
- 1/2 Teaspoon Of Vanilla Essence
- 1 x Egg
- 1 & 3/4 Cups Of Self Raising Flour
- Coloured Chop-Chips of your choice (I use Mini M&M's)
1. Pre heat your oven to 200c.
2. Cream your butter, sugar, honey & vanilla essence. You can use an electric mixer on medium/high speed for 2-5 minutes. Add in your egg and mix with your electric mixer until its a whipped look.
3. Add your self raising flour and stir with a wooden spoon until well combined. It will take a little while to combine. Once combined, use your hands to mix together further to make a moist dough ball.
4. Prepare your baking tray (I line with baking paper) and put your choc-chips into a bowl. Break off some dough, roll into a ball, press into your choc-chips well, place on tray and flatten down with your hand lightly.
5. Place into your preheated oven on the middle shelf and bake for 10-12 minutes. Cookies are ready when you get a nice cracked effect and a little golden in colour. Be sure NOT to go too dark in colour or they will have started to burn. Texture when cooked is a lovely soft but crumble inside.
Tip – Double or triple the recipe to make extra dough to freeze. The best freezing option for this recipe is to make each dough ball with your choc chips, blind freeze and then store in a airtight container or zip lock bag. When you would like to use, place straight onto a tray and bake for a little longer than you normally would if defrosted.
VIP Lounge Members can watch this 'Cook With Me Video' on the lounge now!