Years ago I never thought I would like pesto … that was until I was pregnant ! Then all of a sudden I craved it when I saw a pesto salad in the supermarket deli lol lol lol. From there I’ve just loved! These Pesto Chicken, Rice & Lettuce Bowls are a bowl of tasty goodness that I live to just throw together for an easy option. So delicious!
- 1kg Diced Chicken Breast
- 170g - 200g Shortcut Bacon
- 1 x Small Onion
- 190g Pesto
- 4 x Cups Of Mixed Lettuce
- 2 x Cups Of Rice
- 200g - 250g x Cherry Tomatoes
- Salt & Pepper
Method:1. Dice your bacon and onion. Heat oil in a pan and cook to your liking. Remove and put aside.
2. Start cooking your rice in a rice cooker (If you do not have a rice cooker cook how you normally do).
3. Cook your chicken in 1cm of water. I prefer water over oil where I can as it’s just a bit healthier and keeps meat a little more tender. Once cooked drain any excess water.
4. On a low heat stir in your bacon and onion. Add in 80g (half) of pesto and mix through, then add in the remaining 80g. Your pesto should be well mixed and even in coverage. Turn off heat.
5. Once the rice is cooked, cut cherry tomatoes in half and gently stir through the pan.
6. Place 1 x cup of mixed lettuce in each bowl. Top next with rice and then your pesto chicken on top.
Season with a little salt and pepper then enjoy!