Peppermint chocolate is my favourite so it is a no brainer when it comes to yummy slice choices! This ‘Peppermint Slice’ is one of the more simple types you will find, but is still as delicious as others you will find out there.
- 400g Marie Biscuits
- 1x Tin Of Condensed Milk
- 150g Melted Butter
- 1/2 x Cup Of Cocoa
- 1/4 x Teaspoon Of Peppermint Essence
- 3-4 x Peppermint Crisp Chocolate Bars
- 1 x Bag Of Milk Chocolate Melts
1. Crush Marie biscuits with a rolling pin. For less mess, firstly put into a ziplock or freezer bag. Seal the bag and roll over the top. It’s ok to have some larger pieces for some great crunch and texture. Place in a bowl.
2. Melt butter on stove top and then pour over the top of biscuits, along with condensed milk and cocoa. Add peppermint essence and then mix all together with a wooden spoon until well combined.
3. Line a square cake tin with baking paper. Spoon in biscuit mix to cover the bottom evenly and right to the edges. Press firmly and then refrigerate for 20-30 minutes to harden.
4. Cut all of your peppermint bars up into smaller pieces and put aside.
5. Melt chocolate melts. The best way to go this without burning is to boil some water in a small saucepan on your stove top. Sit a glass, porcelain or metal bowl on top. Pour in chocolate melts and keep stirring. They will start to melt. Keep stirring through until chocolate is a smooth glossy consistency.
6. Pour your melted chocolate over the top of your harden biscuit base. Sprinkle the peppermint chocolate over the top. Place in the fridge to set.
7. When ready pull slice out of the tin by the baking paper. Cut into small portions with a large knife. Store in a sealed container in the fridge for up to 3 days.
* Tip - If you do not think you will get through all of the within the time frame. Store half in the freezer until you need.