We love chicken in this house. It's a real staple for us that you can do so much with. Paired with paprika and a touch of parmesan you can really add something to levitate what would normally be everyday ingredients. Perfect in all weather, this Paprika Chicken With Parmesan Bacon.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 500 - 600g Chicken Tenders
- 1 x Teaspoon Paprika
- 1 x Teaspoon Of Mixed Herbs
- 1 x Tablespoon Of Minced Garlic
- 250g Of Cherry Tomatoes Cut In Half
- 12 x Rindless Middle Bacon
- 1 x Cup Of Cream
- 3 x Cups Of Penne Pasta
- 1 x Tablespoons Of Grated Parmesan
- 1 x Cup Of Spinach
- 1 Tablespoon Of Oil
- Pinch Of Salt & Ground Pepper
Method :1. Boil water and cook penne pasta whilst you are doing the next steps. Be sure to keep an eye on your pasta and drain once cooked.
2. Prepare bacon, tomatoes and spinach. Dice bacon & spinach. Cut tomatoes in half. Put all aside with easy access.
3. Heat oil in a pan. Start cooking chicken tenders on one side. Sprinkle the top uncooked side with paprika and herbs. When the underside is done, turn and cook through the other side. Once cooked, turn off heat, remove from the pan and keep the pan warm. Do not clean the pan as you need it for the next step.
4. In a separate pan/pot cook bacon until just done. Be sure to not overcook.
5. Add to the warm used chicken pan - the tomato, bacon, spinach & garlic. Cook on low for 1 minute mixing with a wooden spoon.
6. Add cream to the pan with parmesan, salt and pepper. Turn up heat and bring to the boil. Lower to a simmer until it starts to thicken, stirring occasionally.
7. Once cream has started to thicken add the cooked chicken and pasta. Mix gently with a wooden spoon until combined.
Top with extra parmesan if you desire and serve on a bed of fresh leafy greens.