Who doesn't love a nice simple quiche? These 'Muffin Tin Mini Quiches' are perfect as a premade option not only for breakfast, but also served along a side salad for lunch or dinner!
Ingredients: Makes 12
- 6 x Middle Rindless Bacon
- ½ x Cup Diced Onion
- ½ x Cup Diced Capsicum
- 7 x 600g Eggs
- Dash Of Milk
- Pinch Of Salt And Pepper
- 3 x Sheets Of Puff Pastry
- Muffin Tin
- Spray Oil
- Preheat oven 160 - 170c (fan forced oven).
- Separate and lay out 3 frozen puff pastry sheets to thaw.
- Dice bacon, onion & capsicum. Mix together in a bowl.
- Whisk or beat with an electric beater - eggs, dash of milk and a pinch of salt/pepper.
- When pastry is soft enough (flexible in movement), cut each sheet into 4 quarters.
- Spray muffin tin lightly with spray oil. Push each pastry square into each muffin hole gently, scrunch up edges like a rough pie crust.
- Fill each evenly with the bacon & vegetable mix. Poor beaten egg mix over top, just slightly under the top. Do not overfill otherwise it will spill out while cooking.
- Cook on the middle rack, for approx 30 - 40 minutes, until pastry has risen and a golden brown. Be sure to check the egg is cooked through by poking the middle with a knife. Let rest in the muffin tin for 2 minutes and then remove each onto a cooling rack for the best result.
Tip - These are perfect for freezing. Once cooled, store in a sealed container. When wanting to eat you can either defrost an hour before or do in a microwave. Then heat further in the oven on a low heat to crisp pastry again.