It’s time to meal plan for my next fortnight and this is for weeks 2 & 3 of February 2020! School is back so I’m thinking about that. My husband and I have also been thinking about our everyday food and whilst we eat pretty well we want to start adding more vegetables into our lunch and snack times. We always eat plenty at dinner, but for lunch we tend to eat a lot more sandwich type foods. That for us is very cheap as my husband is a baker so bread is free for us! In saying that I realize adding more vegetables in will add to my grocery bill.
It will take me a few weeks I’m sure to get a better balance financially on adding in extra vegetables, but I know it is beneficial for us in the long run. On this weeks budget if $170 I’m already over with my estimate at around $186. However still under my usual $200 I feel there may be hope for my next fortnight. We will just have to see how the matching grocery haul goes first and how we go lasting without going back for more? …. I may need to go back for more fresh vegetables!
Some tools I used to do my meal planning were:
(VIP's use the shop code found on the private Facebook Group to download FREE)
- 4pk Monthly Meal Planner + Shop Your Pantry Meal Ideas + 40 Dinner Theme Night Idea's + Blank Family Favorite Meals Sheet - INSTANT DOWNLOAD
- A Easy Grocery Calculator - INSTANT DOWNLOAD
- 2pk Grocery List Budget + Grocery & Meal Planning Wish List - INSTANT DOWNLOAD
- Lunch Box Meal Planner - INSTANT DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE
- Daily Meal Planner For The Busy - INSTANT DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE
Print out these using the VIP shop code found on the Facebook Group!
So that is where I'm at this week. Be sure to check out the matching grocery haul vlog if you want to see what I got and how I went with staying within my budget.