It’s time to do another fortnight’s meal plan. Not much has changed where lockdown restrictions are concerned for us, however we have herd on the news the possibility of a stage 4 lockdown could occur at some point. It may, or it may not, who knows! The thing is it’s something to consider with everything going on, so it’s making me very conscience of keeping my freezer stocked whilst also smartly using some of it for for this fortnight’s meal plan. I’m also wanting to mix things up a bit, so some different food choices to what we’ve been having lately is on the cards!
My general budget rule is now $70 per adult (persons aged 14yrs+ because we all know that teenagers eat as much as adults at this point!) and $50 per child (under 14yrs) in the household is the main grocery shop budget for a fortnight. With then a flat $70 for the top up shop in the second week of the fortnight. So in total that is $310 for the fortnight for my family of 4.
Keeping all this mind my budget for my main shop is $240. I’m currently estimating that I will spend around $213, so be sure to watch the matching grocery haul to see if I stay under budget !
Some tools I used to do my meal planning were:
(VIP's use the shop code found on the private Facebook Group to download FREE)
- 4pk Monthly Meal Planner + Shop Your Pantry Meal Ideas + 40 Dinner Theme Night Idea's + Blank Family Favorite Meals Sheet - INSTANT DOWNLOAD
- A Easy Grocery Calculator - INSTANT DOWNLOAD
- 2pk Grocery List Budget + Grocery & Meal Planning Wish List - INSTANT DOWNLOAD
- Lunch Box Meal Planner - INSTANT DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE
- Daily Meal Planner For The Busy - INSTANT DOWNLOAD PRINTABLE
Print out these using the VIP shop code found on the Facebook Group!
So that is where I'm at this week. Be sure to check out the matching grocery haul vlog if you want to see what I got and how I went with staying within my budget.