Honey Mustard Chicken & Vegetable Vol-Au-Vents are a simple dinner recipe I have made for going on 10 years! They are such a quick go to, especially from the freezer on a busy night after Josephs late swimming class. I like to serve them with a plain steamed rice and they are devine!
Ingredients: Makes 6-8
- 6 x Medium Size Vol-Au-Vent Cases
- 500g Of Diced Chicken
- 2 x Cups Of Mixed Vegetables Of Your Choice
- 2 x Tablespoons Of White Vinegar
- 2 x Tablespoons Of Dijon Mustard
- 2 x Tablespoons Of Whole Grain Mustard
- 4 x Tablespoons Of Honey
- 1 x Cup Of Grated Cheese
- 1 x Teaspoon Of Diced Fresh Parsley
1. Preheat your oven on 180c. Prepare a baking tray with either a light spray of oil or baking paper.
2. Start cooking in a pan your diced chicken in 1cm of water on a medium heat (water is healthier than oil and will keep your meat much more tender). Prepare your chosen mixed vegetables and steam until cooked.
3. Whilst your chicken & vegetables are cooking start making your sauce mixture. In a large mixing bowl, mix together your dijon mustard, wholegrain mustard, honey and vinegar.
4. Once your chicken is cooked drain any last remains of water. In the pan add your cooked vegetables and pour over your sauce mixture. Combine all with a wooden spoon.
5. Place your vol-au-vent cases on your baking tray. Spoon in mixture and top with grated cheese and a pinch of parsley. Place in the oven and cook until cheese is golden in colour. Serve with a side of steamed rice.
Tip – You can freeze any that you will not be serving BEFORE you put them in the oven or freeze the honey mustard chicken and vegetable mixture by itself for a later day.