Lemon Honey Tenders are such a refreshing quick and easy meal to make for your family. They are especially nice with a light garden salad topped with crumbed feta. Pop them on the bbq or cook in a pan, I could eat these everyday!
Ingredients: Serves 4-8 ( I always have enough to freeze for another meal as a family of 4)
- 1kg Chicken Tenders
- 3 Tablespoon Of Vinegar Vinegar
- 3 Tablespoon Of Fresh Squeezed Lemon Juice
- 4 Tablespoon Of Honey
- 1 Tablespoon Of Fresh Chopped Parsely
- Skewers 10-20
Method:1. In a bowl mix together vinegar, lemon juice & honey lightly with a whisk. You only need to use a whisk to help mix the honey initially as its quiet sticky and a spoon can be difficult. The vinegar helps break it up. Pour into a flat marinade (or similar) container and put aside.
3. Once all are in, keep turning the skewers to coat well, sprinkling parsley over top.
4. Heat a pan on your stove top with a light spray of oil. Place your skewers into the pan and pour the rest of the mixture over top.
5. Keeping on a medium heat, turn your skewers regularly to ensure they do not burn or stick to the pan. Cooking time is usually only around 10-15 minutes depending on if you have electric or gas cooking.
6. Serve with a side of garden salad sprinkled with Feta and white plain steamed rice.
TIP – If you are not ready to cook all of your skewers freeze uncooked in a sealed container with some of the mixture poured over.