Super super super easy is this Hawaiian Chicken & Potato Bake recipe! Even the fussy will love this and its super for freezing if you want to make a big batch ahead of time.
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 800g - 1kg Chicken Breast
- 500g Bolognaise Sauce
- 440g Tin Of Diced Pineapple
- 250g Shaved Ham Diced
- 2-3 x Cups Of Shredded Cheese
- 4 - 5 Large Potatoes Mashed
- Salt & Pepper
- 8-10 inch non stick pan/dish
1. Pre-heat your oven on 200c.
2. Peel and dice your potatoes into small cubes for mashing. Put into a saucepan of water and start to boil.
3. Remove any skin that me be present on your chicken breast and then either cut into bite size chunks or tenders. Cook in a pan of 1-2 cm of water with a lid on. Be sure to keep water from drying out so they stay tender.
4. Whilst your chicken and potatoes are cooking drain your pineapple pieces, grate your cheese (if not using store brought shredded) and dice your shaved ham.
4. Once your chicken and potatoes are cooked drain any left over water.
5. Next make your mashed potato by doing the following. Drain your potatoes cubes and then place back into the saucepan. Add salt, pepper and enough margarine/butter to use to mash (no milk) You want a mashed but still firm consistency not runny.
6. In a non stick dish cover the bottom with your mashed potato. Layer your chicken evenly on top fo the potato, then ham on top of that. Pour your chosen bolognaise sauce over the top and spread if needed with the flat side of a spoon. Top with pineapple and then shredded cheese. If you wish sprinkle a little fresh cut parsley on top
7. Cook in your oven for 30-40 minutes until your cheese has melted well and has a golden colour. Take out of the oven and sit out for 5-10 minutes to rest. This will make it easier to serve.
Tip – You can freeze ahead this recipe as you would a shepards pie. Either cook in any container that you can seal and freeze such as small tin foil trays with lids or any left overs from your main meal pop into freezer friendly storage containers and freeze.