We love eggs for breakfast and we have them different ways, but when we are in a rush fried 'Eggs In A Hole' is the quickest option. Along with that its the extra time in cooking the toast and balancing everything else, so doing Eggs In A Hole is a super way of cutting don't time when in a rush as it all cooks at once! When we have time we make it a 'big breakfast' by adding things such as bacon, tomatoes, avocado, mushrooms, sausages and more!
Ingredients: Serves 1
- 2 x Large Eggs
- 2 x Pieces Of Bread
- 1 x Avocado
- 2 x Large Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 x Pieces Of Streaky Bacon
- Oil Spray
- Salt & Pepper
1. Spray a large frying pan with oil for non stick and heat on a medium heat.
2. Prepare your bread. Tear a hole out of the center of each piece of bread. Butter both sides of each bread and place in the hot pan.
3. Carefully crack the first egg into the hole of the first piece of bread. Wait a few seconds for the egg to become solid if there is any leaking to ensure it doesn’t stick to the bread beside. Crack your second egg into the second piece of bread. Season both whilst sill raw with salt and pepper.
4. Lift gently with a egg flipper to see if underside is cooked. The bread should be nicely toasted. Flip when done and cook the top side. Once both are done put aside on a plate (or tray in a low heat oven to keep warm).
5. Respray your pan with oil for the next step. Place your streaky bacon in and start cooking as desired.
6. When your bacon is nearly done start your tomatoes. Cut each tomato in half and season with salt and pepper. Place face down on the pan next to your bacon for 1 minute and then turn. Do not leave the tomatoes cooking too long on one side as they will burn. Keep flipping in the pan until your bacon is cooked.
Serve all together with some avocado for a deliciously fresh big breakfast.
Tip: Dice capsicum, spinach, onion and bacon to add into your eggs when you first crack them into each hole for an extra delicious breakfast.