Cornflake Chicken Tender … what can I say except I think every mum out there tried to make this when I was kid trying to work out the ‘Colonel's original recipe’ lol lol lol . Whilst it may not be the same it is still a delicious alternative!
.Ingredients: Serves 4
- 1kg Of Skinless Chicken Breast
- 4 x Cups Of Corn Flakes
- 1 x Cup Of Flour
- 1/4 x Cup Of Water
- 1 x Egg
- Pinch Of Salt And Pepper
- Vegetable Oil
Method:1. Cut chicken breast into by. Set aside.
2. Whisk together the egg and water in a small bowl. Set aside.
4. Dip each tender into the egg mix and then into the corn flake mix and coat well. Put aside onto a plate until you’ve done all.
5. Heat 1cm of vegetable oil in a pan. Once heated gently use tongs to place tenders into the pan one by one. Careful not to over crowd. Leave some space between each. After a few minutes turn with tongs and cook the other side.
6. Tenders are cooked when the outside is a golden colour. When removing from the pan it is a good idea to put on a paper towel rather than straight onto a plate to help drain the oil.
Serve with your choice of dipping sauces.