Mmmmmmmm chocolate! Is there anything better than a classic chocolate cake? Perhaps just this recipe here! My classic chocolate cake recipe is moist, delicious and so simple to make with simple ingredients you mostly already have at home! So get the kids and get baking these school holidays for a delightful go to cake!
- 150g Of Butter (soft)
- 1 x Cup Of Sugar
- 3 X Large Eggs (600g ea)
- 2 x Cups Of Self Raising Flour
- 1/2 x Cup Of Cocoa
- 1 – 1 ½ x Cups Of Milk
1. Pre heat your oven to 180c.
2. Cream your butter and sugar together with electric beaters. Add your eggs and mix further until mixture it is looking slightly ‘whipped’.
3. Add in your flour, cocoa and milk. Mix on a medium speed to combine and then a further 3 minutes on a higher speed. Be sure to scrape down the sides intermediately to ensure you are mixing all. Let your mixture sit for a 2-3 minutes whilst you do the next step.
4. Line your cake tin with baking paper, then fill with your cake mix evenly. Place in your oven and bake on 180c for 40-50 minutes.
5. Cake is cooked when you put a knife/skewer in the center and it comes out clean. Leave your cake in the tin for 5-10 minutes before removing. Then take out and place on a cooling rack to cool completely before you ice.