Oh boy, oh boy, oh boy! A chocolate slice recipe that is simply divine! I never thought I would find a recipe that uses coconut that my kids would actually like. Generally they don't eat anything with coconut in or on it, but this they couldn't get enough! Give it a go for some chocolaty delight!
Ingredients: Serves 20+
- 400g Marie Biscuits
- 395g Sweetened Condensed Milk
- 150g Butter At Room Tempreture (+100g for icing)
- 1/2 x Cup Of Cocoa (+ 1/2 cup for icing)
- 1 x Cup Of Icing Sugar
- 4 x Tablespoons Of Milk
- 1/2 Cup Of Desiccated Coconut (+ enough to sprinkle on top)
- 8 Inch Square Tin
- Grease Proof Paper
1. In a plastic zip lock bag place some marie biscuits inside, seal and use a rolling pin to crush. Put aside in a big mixing bowl. I like to leave a few bigger pieces in there for some great crunch. Continue until you have done all of the biscuits.
2. In a seperate mixing bowl mix together your condensed milk, 150g of melted butter, 1/2 cup of cocoa and 1/2 cup of coconut. Pour this mixture over the top of your crushed biscuits and mix well until well combined and a little moist.
4. Grease your pan and line with baking paper. Spoon all of your biscuit mixture into the pan evenly and press firmly. Place in the fridge whilst you make your icing.
5. In a mixing bowl add your icing sugar, 100g of room temperature butter, 1/2 cup of cocoa and 4 tablespoon of milk. Mix with an electric blender until fluffy.
6. Take your pan out of the fridge and evenly spread your icing. Sprinkle as much coconut on top as you wish. Place back in the fridge for at least 1-2 hours to set. The longer the better for cutting.
7. When your ready remove from fridge, lift out of tin via the baking paper and sit on a chopping board. Using a large knife cut into long sections then cut those into smaller bite size portions.
Store in a sealed container in your fridge. Freeze any you wish to save for another time.
Tip – Freezing your slice is so easy. Wrap any excess slice you wish to save in a new sheet of baking paper and then wrap in glad wrap or place in a large zip lock bag removing the air. When wanting to use, either remove from freezer into room temperature at least 1 hour before serving or into fridge the night before.