With 2 young children it can sometimes be hard to find things to feed their ever changing fussy taste buds, but like most other children chicken nuggets are a hit. I do however find it hard to purchase, well lets just say 'not so processed tasting' chicken treats in the supermarket. How about you? If you are the same then try this delicious home made Chicken Nugget Bite recipe. You will find it hard to go back to your pre-boxed after this!
Ingredients: Serves 4
- 2 x Skinless chicken breasts
- ¼ Cup of water
- 1 x Egg
- 1 Tablespoon of fresh flat leaf parsley diced
- 1 x Cup of bread crumbs
- 3/4 Cup of flour
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- Vegetable oil
1. Cover the base of a pan with vegetable oil and prepare on a medium to high heat.
2. Cube chicken breasts into bite size pieces. Cook in a hot pan on your stove top, in approx 1-2cm of water, UNTIL JUST COOKED. Remove from pan and put aside. Turn off your heat and remove excess water from pan.
3. Beat egg and ¼ cup of water together in a bowl.
4. In another bowl mix flour, bread crumbs, parsley, salt & pepper
5. Dip each chicken bite into the egg mix, then into the bread crumb coating. Set aside on a plate until all are done.
6. Cover your pan base with enough vegetable oil for full coverage and heat. Place your coated chicken into the pan. Turn chicken as needed until the outside is brown and crispy.
7. Serve with your own selection of sauces & cooked vegetable or salad.