Who likes cheese and who likes Vegemite? Me me me me !!!!! These are a tasty treat we like to purchase, but when I’m feeling like getting my ‘bake on’ I can make my own. They are simple and something you can batch cook and freeze if you wish.
Ingredients: Makes 6
- 7g x Dry Yeast (I use 7g pre portioned dry yeast packets)
- 1 x Teaspoon Of Sugar
- 1 x Cup Of Warm Water
- 2 1/2 x Cups Of Bread Flour
- 1/2 x Teaspoons Of Table Salt
- 1 x Tablespoon Of Olive Oil
- 1- 2 x Cups Of Shredded Cheese
- Butter or margarine to melt.
Pre heat oven 220c.
- Make Your Dough - This simple recipe is made using the ‘Cafe Perfection Pizza Dough’ found here. Prepare this and then move to step 2.
- Roll out your dough onto a floured bench to approximately 30 cm wide and then as long as you can get it to approximately 40 cm long.
- Mix 3 tablespoons of vegemite to 1 tablespoon of water, this will make it easier to spread. You can make more if you feel like you need once you get started.
- Gently so you do not rip the dough, Spread veggie might over the entire surface as you would on any sandwich . Lightly sprinkle some grated cheese over the Vegemite.
- Starting from the top end, roll towards yourself until it becomes one large log. You want to get as many scrolls as possible inside so roll firmly.
- Once you have your log, gently pushing the ends to flatten. Cut the log in half and then each half into thirds.
- Place each individual scroll onto a lined or greased baking tray. Melt some butter and brush each top and side. Top H with some shredded cheese. Place in the oven and cook for around 15 to 20 minutes until though has risen, cheese melted and is a golden brown .