Mmmmmm BBQ Chicken & Hawaiian Pizza! Everyone loves pizza don't they? ... Well unless your my son that is lol. The rest of us do love it, but we know how unhealthy it can be if made traditionally with your dough. Using flat bread not only gives you a much healthier option but gives a fantastic crunch that you just don't get from a normal pizza and its sssooooo delicious. Try this recipe once and you wont go back!
Ingredients: Makes 2 of each
- 4 x Mountain Rye Bread Wraps Folded
- Pizza Sauce
- 1 x Small Red Onion
- 1 x Small Green Capsicum
- 1 x 450g Tin Of Pineapple Pieces
- Shredded Roast Chicken
- 2 x Cups Of Grated Cheese
- 100g Greek Feta Diced
- 1/2 Tablespoon Of Fresh Diced Parsley
- 100g Of Shredded Ham
- Barbecue Sauce
- 2 x Rectangle Oven Trays
1. Pre-heat your oven to 180c.
2. Prepare Your Toppings - Pull your roast chicken into shreds or purchase already shredded. Cut your ham up into smaller pieces. Drain your tin of pineapple. Dice your red onion, capsicum, feta. red onion into rough pieces & drain the juice from your tin of pineapple.
3. Prepare Your Base - Line oven trays with baking paper. Fold 4 x Mountain Rye Bread Wraps in half and place on the baking paper. Spread a light coverage of pizza sauce over each base. Sprinkle a small amount of grated cheese over each base to help toppings stick.
4. Putting It All Together -
Barbecue Chicken – Top 2 bases with firstly your red onion, then capsicum & chicken. Over the chicken evenly place your pineapples pieces and the amount of feta you would prefer. Next, streak barbecue sauce over your toppings. Start at the top, moving down to the bottom. Be careful not to do too much so it is not too over powering. Finally sprinkle shredded cheese evenly over you toppings and a small amount of parsley for a fresh taste.
Classic Hawaiian – Sprinkle a good amount of ham evenly over 2 bases. On top of your ham place pineapple pieces evenly then top all with shredded cheese and parsley for a fresh taste.
5. Place your pizzas into your oven and cook for 15-20 minutes. Edges should be crispy and cheese golden in colour when ready. Serve with a mixed garden salad or enjoy by it self.
* TIP - Why not try different toppings you usually enjoy on your pizzas. With pizza anything goes!