With Easter here fish is our go to for Good Friday! These battered fish bites are a simple and easy delite for the entire family. We serve with chips and a side of either garden or Greek salad. Lemon and tartar sauce also complement for a tasty addition.
Ingredients: Serves 4 - 8
- 4 – 8 Boneless Fish Fillets
- 1 x Cup of self raising flour
- 2 x Eggs
- 1 Teaspoon of melted butter
- Vegetable oil
Method:1. Cut your fish fillets into 2 - 3 good size chunks and place aside.
2. In a bowl sift 1 cup of self raising flour and add a pinch of salt. Separate your egg yolks from their whites and put aside the whites for beating. Make a well in the center adding butter and 2 egg yolks. Stir together with a whisk to break up. Still whisking, add enough water until your batter is a smooth medium thickness.
3. In a separate bowl beat your egg whites until stiff. Fold into your batter with a wooden spoon. Set aside for 3-5 minutes.
4. In a pan heat enough vegetable oil that covers the entire pan base.
5. Dip your fish fillet bites into flour, then into your batter and then place straight into the pan for frying. Cook on one side until you can see edges going to a golden brown then flip and do the other side. When cooked drain excess oil onto paper towel.