Have you tried my Classic Chocolate Cake recipe ? If you havent you MUST!!!! If your after a classic version then it is the best chocolate cake you will ever have (my opinion but give it a go) ….. then come back to this delicious spin on a banana cake! Perfect for getting rid of the last of your bananas and perfect if you want to add a little sweetness. Simple, quick and easy to prepare and totally worth the cooking time!
- 150g Of Butter (soft)
- 1 x Cup Of Sugar
- 3 X Large Eggs (600g ea)
- 3 X Bananas (sml - med size)
- 2 x Cups Of Self Raising Flour
- 1 – 1 ½ x Cups Of Milk
- 1 x Cup Of Choc Chips
1. Preheat your oven to 180c.
2. Peel and mash bananas in a bowl.
3. Cream your butter and sugar together with electric beaters. Add your eggs and mix further until the mixture looks slightly ‘whipped’. Add bananas and beat for a further minute.
4. Add in your flour and milk. Mix on a medium speed to combine and then a further 3 minutes on a higher speed. Be sure to scrape down the sides intermediately to ensure you are mixing all. Let your mixture sit for a 2-3 minutes whilst you do the next step.
5. Line your cake tin with baking paper, then fill with your cake mix evenly.
6. Sprinkle the choc chips evenly over the top. You want to do this rather than mix in as they will sink straight to the bottom otherwise.
7. Place in your oven and bake on 180c for 40-50 minutes.
8. Cake is cooked when you put a knife/skewer in the center and it comes out clean. Leave your cake in the tin for 5-10 minutes before removing. Then take out and place on a cooling rack to cool.