We love the delicious Chicken Roll-Ups here on the VIP Lounge, so to mix things up I went for beef this month. Balsamic Glaze Beef Roll-Ups are a simple dish that I love to pair with a nice lass of Merlot ... which is perfect because I use it in this recipe lol lol lol ...
Ingredients: Serves 2 - 4
- 4 x Thin Cut Beef Sizzle Steaks
- 1 x Small Carrot
- 1 x Small Zucchini
- 1 x Small Green Capsicum
- 1 x Small Red Capsicum
- 1/2 x Small Onion
- 1 x Teaspoon Of Olive Oil
- 1 x Teaspoon Of Minced Garlic
- 1/4 x Cup Of Balsamic Vinegar
- 3 x Teaspoons Of Brown Sugar
- 1 x Teaspoon Of Rosemary
Method:1. Wash, peel (if needed) and cut capsicum and carrot julienne style. Slice zucchini into sticks (not too thin or they will fall apart when doing next step. Cut a small onion in half. Store one half in the fridge for another day. Cut your other half into half again then slice thinly into half rings. Separate the half onion rings for cooking.
2. Heat olive oil in a pan, add vegetables in tossing lightly until just cooked. Be careful not to overcook or they will fall apart and go mushy. Remove from pan and set aside for now.
3. In your pan mix together balsamic, minced garlic, brown sugar and rosemary. Bring to the boil stirring continuously then reduce to a very low simmer while you do the next step. Watch and be careful it does not burn.
4. Using tongs place a mixed selection of your cooked vegetables onto each raw beef sizzle steak. Roll edges like a sausage roll and secure with a toothpick sideways. Toothpicks need to be sideways not straight through the top to bottom as they need to be turned when cooking.
5. Gently place your roll ups into the hot pan with your glaze. Turn up to a medium heat, cover with lid and cook the underside of your steak. Then turn and cook other side. As these are thin sizzle steaks they will only take a couple of minutes to cook.
Serve with a side of salad and potatoes.