This Bacon Carbonara recipe is one of those quickly made up batch items. It's super for us on a Friday night at the end of a busy tiring week . . . and the best thing is the KIDS LOVE!
Ingredients: Serves 4-6
- 500g Pasta Spirals
- 1 x 300ml Cream
- 1 x Small Onion Diced
- 200g Sliced Cup Mushrooms
- 8 x Rindless Middle Bacon Pieces Diced
- 2 x Tablespoons Of Butter/Margarine
- Salt & Pepper To Taste
Method:1. Prepare your vegetables & bacon. Dice onion, mushrooms & bacon to a size you prefer
2. In a large pot put your pasta on too cook. Keep an eye on it whilst you start doing the next steps and if it gets to the point of cooked drain and put aside.
3. In a large hot pan start cooking your bacon. When getting to near done add your onion & mushroom.
4. Once your bacon & vegetables are cooked, pour in your cream, add your butter/margarine and salt/pepper. Stir continuously whilst on a high temperature until it starts to bubble then reduce to a low simmer.
5. Start adding in your cooked pasta making sure to mix sauce gently all over. Let it simmer for another 5-10 minutes until sauce has thickened. And then turn of heat and let rest for another 5-10 minutes. Sauce will thicken more when heat is off
6. Before serving stir through once more and then dish into pasta bowls.
TIP – Be aware if you freeze any excess its appearance will be more of a yellow colour than usual. This is completely fine and is due to the fat separation in the dairy (just like milk would do) Once this dish is defrosted and stirred through the yellow will revert back to white.