Ingredients: Serves 4-8 ( I always have enough to freeze for another meal as a family of 4)
- 1 kg of diced chicken breast
- 1x 400g tin of apricot nectar
- 1 x tablespoon of cornflour
- 1 x dried packet of onion soup mix
- 1 x small onion cut to half rings
- 3 x medium carrots chopped into circles or sticks.
- Serve with mashed potato & your choice of steamed vegetables on the side.
Method:1. In a pan cook off your diced chicken in approx 1cm of water. If moving to a slow cooker, only cook until your outsides are white and then transfer to slow cooker. If keeping in the pan cook until cooked through. I use water instead of oil as a healthier option and it also makes your meats more tender.
2. Whilst your chicken is cooking you can dice your onion and chop your carrot.
3. In a separate bowl whisk together your apricot nectar, soup mix & cornflour.
4. Once chicken is cooked (or whitened & transfered to your slow cooker) mix through your carrots, onions and nectar mixture. You want to make sure your chicken and vegetables are immersed in your liquid as much as possible.
5. If doing in a slow cooker, cover with lid and cook on high for 2-3 hours. If doing in your pan place on a medium heat for 15 minutes stirring occasionally, then move to a low simmer for another 20 minutes.
Serve with a side of mash potatoes and your choice of steamed vegetables.
TIP - Freeze any extra apricot chicken in a sealed container along with a good amount of your liquid for another dinner. You can also double the recipe to batch cook and freeze anything you won’t be using for future meals to save you time in the future. Remember plan ahead with Meal Planning!