We love apples here in this house, so any chance I can get to put them in a recipe I will do it! These delicious Apple Oat & Cinnamon Cakes are easy to make and a great afternoon or morning tea snack!
- 150g Of Butter
- 2 x Eggs
- ¾ x Cup Of Sugar + a little more for topping
- 2 x Cups Of Self Raising Flour
- ¼ x Teaspoon Of Cinnamon
- 1 x Cup Of Milk
- 3 x Cups Of Diced Pink Lady Apples
- Rolled Oats (optional)
- Patty Pan cases of your choice
1. Pre heat your oven to 200c.
2. Peel and dice up 3 cups of pink lady apples and put aside.
3. Cream the butter and sugar with a electric mixer. Once mixture is looking well creamed add your eggs and beat further until it looks almost whipped.
4. Add in your flour, cinnamon and milk. Mix on a medium speed for 3 – 4 minutes, then add in 2 cups of your diced apples and mix through well with a wooden spoon.
5. Line a cupcake/muffin tray with your choice of patty pans. Spoon in enough mixture to 1cm from the pans top. Top with some more apple, a small sprinkle of oats and sugar on top.
6. Place in the oven and bake for 40 – 50 minutes until risen and is cooked through. You can test this by putting a knife into the middle of each cake. The knife should come out without any liquid when ready.