Recently our family had the most awesome opportunity to experience the Rabbit Hole Kids Playcentre in Braybrook, Melbourne. This play center is a next generation indoor playground facility, with state of the art, modern quality interiors and adventure styled playgrounds. They also offer other experiences such as live shows, mascot meeting/photo opportunities, birthday parties, cafe and cooking workshops in their ‘Bakehaus’. It is a unique experience at its best.
The Rabbit Hole provides a space that is designed to stimulate imagination, encourage exploration and foster creativity through play, all in a safe and fun environment. It truly was a ‘fun for all ages’ experience!
Price - Adults are FREE & Children start at $14.50. For more information on group bookings, parties, rocking climbing and more SEE HERE
- A Wonderland Of Fun – True to its referencing name, the Rabbit Hole Playcenter is like a wonderland with its different focal areas. Each area contains a different type of play and experience. We were especially impressed by the giant ball pit in the center of the play center containing an approximately astonishing 50,000 white balls that change colour with the coloured lights around them! Right in the middle was a ship that had an attached climbing rope and slide. It was by far our favorite thing to do and we spent more time in their than anywhere!
- Fun For All Ages – There is something for everyone! Kids under 3 can explore safely in the ‘Carnival’ under 3 area. Toddlers (such as our Isabella) can play in most areas with supervision whilst anyone older there is hours of fun in all areas (apart from the under 3’s)
- Adults Are Free – Adults are free when entering with children for a play. So even if you are enjoying playtime yourself you only have to pay for little ones!
- Mothers Group Discounts – During weekdays there is a Mother Group Discount available for a minimum of 5 mums/dads attending with children. This makes for a great outing to catch up with fulfilling ‘adult conversations’ when your days are filled with kids kids kids! Everyone needs that adult interaction regularly to stay sane!
- Special Events – From time to time there are special events such as live entertainment (eg Paw Patrol Live, Face painting, upcoming Hotel Transylvania), mascot meeting/photo opportunities and cooking classes in the specialty Bakehaus.
- Birthday Parties – Rabbit Hole has a number of party rooms with packages available for your childs next party. Parties are charged at a minimum 8 guests for ages 2-15 years.
- Easily Accessible – This play center is easily found on a corner location within a small shopping complex. As this is on a main road, it is a straight drive into Melbourne from the west side if from outside of the city. Even if you are from another area in Melbourne I feel being on a main road it would still easily be found.
- Onsite Parking - There is ample free parking onsite being that it is a shopping complex. (see the con below)
- Dirt & Bacteria Conscience – The play center is very conscience of dirt and bacteria entering into the building. So much so that if you need to bring in your pram they will wipe down your wheels! Anyone entering the play center (including all staff) must remove their shoes. They supply a large room to store shoes and also lockers if you wish. All equipment including the thousands of balls in the ball pit are cleaned and sanitized regularly.
- Shoes For The Toilets Provided – I know sounds strange right? They actually supply ‘Crocs’ in different sizes to all patrons as you enter the hallway to the toilets. So you put them on, go to the toilet and then return them before going out to play. This is an idea I had never seen anywhere else, but LOVE! Theirs nothing worse than walking into toilet areas in your socks. Plus going into the toilets in socks and then out to the play area is only going to drag bacteria around!
- Spare Socks Available – All persons entering the play center need to be wearing socks. If you have forgotten yours you will be required to purchase for $2 a pair. This is a handy convenience for anyone attending eg grandparents that were not aware of the policy.
- High Quality Safe Play Equipment – The play equipment is a tough high quality selection with safety in mind. On our visit we noticed all corners on sets were rounded off so there were no sharp things for little ones to hurt themselves. Items such as slides, rope bridges/climbing ropes, ladders etc were tough enough to hold adults which helped keep younger ones safe that needed assistance.
- Café – There is full café on site supplying a good range of hot and cold food items along with drinks (including coffee of coarse). YOU can plan to have lunch or a light snack at anytime through your play and they also bring your order to your table if being prepared. (see con below)
- Supervising Staff – At different points throughout the center there are staff watching everyone to ensure safe play and to answer any questions you may have.
- Air-conditioning – This was a plus for us as we are use to going to our local play centers where we live and being overwhelming too hot in summer. So much so we avoid them. On the day we went it was warm outside approx 24c but inside it seemed to be well temperature controlled. I would be interested to see how it is on a 30c day.
- Parking Limits – You need to be aware of where you have parked as there is only 60-90 minute limits. You will need to go out and move your car well to avoid any parking fines. On the up side staff are more than happy for you to leave and return once you have.
- High Food Prices – Like any play center, theme park etc the price of food is on the high side. You need to either eat before you go or be prepared to spend a lot of money as a family. They have a good selection of food and drink items on their menu, you just need to be aware of what to expect.
Overall we had an amazingly fun day at the play center! We believe this is the best play center we have been too and would highly recommend anyone in the area to visit. The kids are already asking when they can go back so we are planning perhaps next school holidays for a treat! Be sure to watch our day on the This Mum At Home You Tube Channel.
For Rabbit Hole Playcentre updates I would recommend following them on Instagram as they update regularly there – Be sure to tell them ‘This Mum At Home’ sent you!